We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Flash Forward


We tuned in last night for the premiere of ABC's new show Flash Forward. The previews for it had been riveting all week, and after hearing that it came from the same people that did Lost, I was intrigued.

The show's basic premise is this: Everyone on the planet blacks out at the same time, for exactly two minutes and fifteen seconds. Obviously, the worldwide blackout causes mass confusion, hysteria and destruction. However, as people wake back up, they realize that instead of blacking out, everyone has seen a glimpse of their future, six months ahead. The question is, what caused the blackout, and is that future set in stone?


The elements for a good show are there. The cast seems pretty solid, with Joseph Fiennes, Sonya Walger and Courtney B. Vance as some of the main characters. The chemistry between the actors seemed to be decent for a series premiere, and typically that only improves as time goes on. It took me a minute to realize that Olivia (Walger) was Desmond's forever love Penny, from Lost. In fact, in the preview for next week's episode, I saw good old Charlie (one of my favorite characters from Lost.) Looks like this show has more in common with Lost than just the producers.

The premise is interesting, enough so that I will be tuning in next week. I'm not getting my hopes up yet though. I hesitate to really get into a show until the second or third season, as too many of my favorite shows have been canceled after the first lackluster season has gone by. However, ABC knows that Lost is entering its final season, and I am sure they are looking for the right show to keep all of the viewership that Lost brings them. Perhaps Flash Forward is the right pick. Only time will tell!


Linked to Julia's Hooked on Fridays. Check out what other bloggers are hooked on, here.

5 comments:

Claudia September 25, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

:) i have this tapped and am finishing my visits to my blog friends before I run down and watch it.

I am not a LOST fan, but this looks very interesting.

Thanks for the peek!

If you have a moment, stop by and say hi! I would love to have you.

TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

carolyn September 25, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

Thanks for this review. I've been dreading the end of LOST (I'm hooked) so maybe this is the answer. I missed it last night but through the magic of satellite I can see it repeated tonight.

Ashley @ AshleysBusy September 25, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

I watched it last night and I'm hooked. Love Lost even though I always end up saying the same thing at the end of each episode "What the heck just happened?" lol.

Fifi Flowers September 25, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

I saw a preview... it looks interesting... I might have to check it out... thanks!

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst September 25, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

Ah, the magic of satellite, it is a beautiful thing, is it not? Hope you girls all enjoy the show like I did! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter