We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Makeup Remover on the Cheap

Didya know that you can use baby oil as an eye makeup remover? Yeah, I didn't either. I came across that little factoid a few months ago, (magazine? blog?) and a light bulb went off. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I do always wear mascara, and waterproof stuff at that. It's always a bear to take off, and that makeup remover stuff is expensive. The best I had found was the Almay pads, and I would buy them at BJs in a double pack for about six dollars. Two packs would last me about two months.

So when I came across this little tip I was all over it. A bottle of baby oil is under two dollars at Walmart, especially if you buy non-brand.



I've been using the stuff for the last few months, and I have to say, I love it. It has the sweetest scent, and works like a charm. I find it works best if I wipe it over my eyes with a cotton ball, then brush my teeth, then go back and swipe my lashes again. Now, it is oily, obviously, but I have combination skin, and I've found that the skin around my eyes is a lot softer since I started using this. And all the oiliness comes off when I wash my face, so everything is copacetic.



Oh, but you know I couldn't leave that ugly bottle sitting around my sink, right? Well, a trip to Goodwill provided a cut glass decanter that I promptly filled with oil. Obviously, you might not want to do this with kiddos around, but you could also put the oil in a soap dispenser, and then just pump a few squirts onto a cotton ball.





So that's my easy breezy beauty secret that saves me a lot of moolah. I'm all about finding deals on the stuff that keeps me beautiful, so if you've got any awesomely frugal ideas I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

Kristen @ Miss Prissy Paige March 22, 2010 at 4:17 AM  

what a great tip! i love the makeup removing cloths, but i'm with you - those suckers are expensive! but boy are they convenient...

Kim@NewlyWoodwards March 22, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Good tip. Lotion works, too. Just make sure it's not something that will burn your eyes. I use a really simple lotion from CVS, but I may just have to try Baby Oil, now.

Candy March 23, 2010 at 4:26 AM  

THANK YOU for your tip on my curtain question on Young House Love blog! I am going to be checking your blog out...LOVE all of these decorating blogs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter