We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Stare at My Staircase Party

I'm joining up to Stare at My Staircase Party over at The Stories of A to Z. Beth did a fabulous job revamping her staircase, and I thought I'd join in and share our little stairway's transformation!

We started with this yucky picture, with the stained stair treads but unfinished risers. Boring white walls just added to the dreariness.


Then I saw a picture where someone had glued wallpaper border to the risers of their stairs, and I thought, hey, I bet that would work for our stairs! So I found some for a few bucks, and after about an hour's worth of work, the stairs were definitely looking better.



The walls have a bluish cast to them in the picture, which is ironic because just a few months later we painted the stairway a lovely blue-gray. The color is perfect for the area, and I am so in love with it. And then, because our house is a castle, we added pictures of castles all along the wide stairs. They are all castles from Spain, and Lover and I have been to all but one of them.




So what do you think? A pretty decent transformation, no? I think it's pretty awesome. The other stairway transformations are just as fab, so head over to the party to check them out!

9 comments:

Beth@The Stories of A to Z November 18, 2009 at 4:11 AM  

Yay! I was so hoping someone would wallpaper their risers and here you are! It looks fantastic. I love the blue on your walls and how it compliments your stairs. Your castles are an adorable touch. Thanks for joining the party!!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards November 18, 2009 at 4:12 AM  

I like it, Jenny. Great work!

And, I love the castles. Perfect for your castle.

TRICIA @ The Zoo November 18, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

Lovely! The detail on the treads is so sweet. Wallpaper was a great idea.

XO*Tricia

Jen C. November 18, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

What a neat idea to use wallpaper border! Looks great!

Amy November 18, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

Really nice changes! The castles are a great touch!

Cindy November 18, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Very cool....I hadn't seen wallpaper on risers and it looks fabulous!

Danielle and Clint November 19, 2009 at 1:56 AM  

Aww....they look very vintage! Love it!

Jenny @ Anything Pretty November 19, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

I really like the wallpaper on the risers. The castle pictures are a perfect touch because they have a special meaning but are also beautiful on their own as well.

jen November 23, 2009 at 4:34 AM  

I just saw your stairs over on Beth's blog and thought "hey. I've been on those stairs!" It's like you're famous, now that I've seen them somewhere else!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter