We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Can you see why I was stressed?

A month or two back I talked about how stressed out I was over the basement remodel. . While I am currently receiving therapy for this, I want you to understand that my stress was not unfounded. Here are a few pictures that will illustrate why I was so stressed.

Exhibit A:



The lighter area is where the new laundry room is now located.

1. Here's where the washer and dryer used to be. Now they are under the electrical panel. And, yes, I had to do laundry while the basement looked like this.

2. Here is the window that is under our deck, that we converted to a vent panel. It now vents the dryer and the fan for the bathroom.

3. This is the "Main Stack" for the plumbing. I painted it turquoise. It is now accessible, unlike before where it was hidden in the wall, behind a mirror.

Exhibit B:



This is our bathroom. Isn't it beautiful? :-)

4. The toilet stack, plugged with rags. Ew.

5.  Where we (and by we, I mean Lover and my brother) found the centipede nest. Oh, and while we are on that subject, some big suckers have been showing up now that the weather is getting nicer. We (again, loosely using the term "we") summarily dispatched them to Centipede Heaven. (Is there such a thing?)

6. This is where we are installing the shower. It's going to be awesome. Cannot wait.

7. We had to rebuild the support for the stairs for the basement. We're assuming that at one point there was adequate support, but the P.O. removed it because... that is the kind of thing they would do. :-)

So now you can empathize with me a little better. Right? Or am I just a whiny brat? Do I need to subject you to the pictures of the centipedes again for you to pity me a little? Go here. I dare you. But don't say I didn't warn you.

3 comments:

Emily April 5, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

Lol, I think stress is totally apporpriate based on the size of this undertaking!

Kim@NewlyWoodwards April 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

I totally empathize and feel for you! Hope all is getting better.

emily @ thirtyeight20 April 6, 2010 at 11:47 AM  

I can totally sympathize, and I don't think any of us blames you for feeling stressed! It ain't pretty... but it will be. Imagine how great you'll feel, both about your basement and about your accomplishment, when it's all done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter