We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Castle Consultation: Mission Accomplished!

Back in October I made up an idea board for Trisha with suggestions on how to create a beachy, relaxed vibe in her master bedroom. Well, just a few short months later, and after $300, Trisha has really transformed her bedroom! But first, here are the before pictures:







If you remember, Trisha wanted to incorporate this painting so I designed the idea board around it. Here a refresher of the board.



And here are Trisha's afters!






I love that new bedding set, it really sets the mood for the whole room. Isn't that door-turned-headboard so awesome? Trisha and her husband ended up going a shade lighter with the paint on the walls, and I love the soft color. They also opted to paint their existing furniture a dark gray, which is so classic and moody! Love it! I think that fish up in the nook is an absolute stunner. Here's what Trisha had to say about the makeover:

The room is coming along great! I liked your suggestions so much for the curtains and bedding, that we have purchased both and couldn't be happier.  With the different patterns on the bedding and the curtains, I was a little concerned; however, they look really good together.  The green was a bit dark for our room, since we have only the one window, but we went with a blue/green lighter shade called "barely jade". It's all pretty exciting for us because you really gave us some new ideas, all based on the print we love.  The day we put the bedding on, we already had new life in the room.  It was so much more comfortable and alive.




Thanks again!!!!


So that's that. I am so glad that Trisha and her husband have a lovely master that they can relax in, and that they were able to accomplish so much on a small budget! What is your favorite part?


Do you have a room that you'd like some suggestions for? I'd love to help, so shoot me an email!



Linked to Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch


Show me the Progress Party @ Serenity Now

12 comments:

Emily March 4, 2010 at 6:00 AM  

I do love that bedding! Awesome work Trisha (and Jenny!)

Trisha March 5, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Jenny:

You really made this happen for us! We were lost when it came to our master bedroom. Through time we will upgrade some of the furniture pieces, but everything looks so alive now! Everything we purchased was so affordable that we were able to come in way under our budget. The fish on the shelf actually came from a consignment store. The "plate" is from Target and the phrase in the middle was made by me. We are so happy with this makeover!

Jenny, I may call on you again in the future for other re-do's! Thank you again for your input and I can't wait to read the comments. ~Trish

Nancy March 8, 2010 at 12:33 AM  

Nice transformation!

Treasia March 8, 2010 at 2:57 AM  

I adore that bedding. The room is looking really nice.

Marty@A Stroll thru Life March 8, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Such a beautiful and fresh new look. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

Merrie March 9, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

I love those curtains, and how they look with the bedding. We are in the middle of a beachy bedroom makeover too and it is taking forever. Its so hard to find things that create the beachy feeling without looking campy or tacky but you did it- congratulations!

Amanda March 10, 2010 at 3:39 AM  

I love the bedroom! I am currently trying to convince my husband that we need new bedding and window treatments! Looks great!

Beverly @ The Buzz March 10, 2010 at 4:00 AM  

Love the blue bedding. So pretty. You did good--and so did Trisha.

Laura @ Sahm I Am! March 10, 2010 at 4:07 AM  

Nice! I especially love how you filled up that "niche" or whatever it's called. I have them in my house, and I can't stand them. You have done a great job of making it make sense.

Amanda @ Serenity Now March 10, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

I like the bedding you all chose, and the lamp on the night stand is great. :)

Thanks so much for linking up! I hope you are having fun "mingling." :)

Holly March 10, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Your idea board looks good, and she's doing a great job of pulling it together.

Trisha March 13, 2010 at 1:46 AM  

So many people love the bedding that I just had to share. I ordered it from Overstock.com for only $55.00 for the duvet cover and shams. The price was amazing and there was just no way we could pass it up! The curtains are from Ikea. I ordered two pair, one for the bedroom and one for the bathroom, and they were only $50/pair. That was actually the most expensive part of the makeover (for now). The budget became a necessity with myself working on my MBA, my husband and daughter also both in college, and my son is getting married in a few months. Money is stretched super slim this year, but we just had to do this for ourselves. I love all the wonderful comments. We are so pleased with our room and it is
extremely comfortable!! Jenny is the key to it all :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter