We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kitchen Valance


My kitchen needed some dressing up, so I decided to get creative and add a pretty little valance. Unfortunately, there aren't any valances that are my style, so I had to make my own! Ultimately I end up liking what I make myself better anyways, so I'm glad that the big box stores didn't have the perfect piece of fabric.

I used a dish towel, some binding tape and a spring rod to add a touch of soft fabric to my kitchen.

Here is the before,

and the lovely little after!


My computer is acting up tonight, but come back tomorrow to see how I converted this little dish towel into a pretty little valance! :-)

7 comments:

Paula@SweetPea November 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

Your new curtain adds a very nice touch to your kitchen.

susan November 1, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Are you sure this wasn't a teaser ?:) I love the little tea cup on the valance--good job!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life November 1, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

What a great idea. It looks wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Its So Very Cheri November 2, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Your kitchen curtain, towel valance looks great. I think your cabinets would look great in black or a distressed creamed coffee/burlap color, that would really make the curtain pop.

Cheri

Terry November 2, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Fabric above, violets below. Very nice and very easy to change out. Very good.

Anonymous November 2, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Well, isn't this cute! Your little valance really makes a difference.
Love it!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design November 3, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

Ok, I'll be back-I want to know how you did that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter