We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Friday, October 2, 2009

September 2009 Recap


Wow, where did September go? It's hard to believe we are already in October. Here's how we did on our goals this month:


  • Plant a vegetable garden The critters really went to town on our gardens this year. We harvested a lot of peas and blackberries, but the tomatoes, sunflowers, cucumbers, peppers and cantaloupe all got eaten before they were even partially ripe. I left what was there on the vines to feed the critters into the winter, and declared the garden a lost cause this month. I think we may do peas again next year, but that's it. I didn't really enjoy the gardening. Flowers are much more my thing!
  • Go to California My brother and sister in law had a baby at the beginning of the month, and so I flew out there to see them all for a couple of weeks. Lover was able to join me for one of the weeks, and we had a great time visiting and cuddling with the new little one.
  • Get together with family more often This was a month for family! We surprised my mom with a trip home for her fiftieth birthday at the beginning of the month, and spent just about every day of the two weeks with her, my brothers and my mom's family. It was great catching up with everyone. I'm so glad we got to do something nice for my mom's special birthday.
  • Plan a missions trip to Spain This is progressing nicely, and it looks like we are planning to go to Spain next spring. I am so excited about getting to go back to where I grew up!
  • Continue learning piano I am working on a new piece, and now that the weather isn't as nice, I'll be inside more... so more opportunity to practice! :-)
  • Read 12 non-fiction books this year. I killed this goal this month. As of last month I had read 5 books, my total at the end of September is 9 books! I also read four novels this month too. Can you tell that Lover was away for most of the month?
This month was all about family, so we didn't spend hardly any time on the house. We did a little more demo in the basement, and some gardening outside, including removing the ivy. That's about it! My little brother is moving in with us in November, so we are focusing on the house this month. Hopefully we'll have lots to report next month! For now I'll leave you with a picture of my sweet little nephew. Isn't he wonderful?

4 comments:

Danielle and Clint October 2, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

I went to Spain in 2002 and loved it! I was in Madrid and Alicate. Great culture!

Janice October 2, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

He is absolutely beautiful! I just friended Mandy on FB- I will definitely congratulate her!

Emily October 2, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Sounds like a great month, especially with the cute little family addition!

Yansy October 4, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my master bedroom reveal on YHL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter