We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dressed Up Dining Room, Part Deux

Back in May I showed you what half of our dining room looks like. I'm back to show you another wall that has been finished. The remaining wall looks ok, but I am still not happy with this room. I'll be coming up with an inspiration board in the next few weeks for this room, as it is driving me crazy. I need change. Change is good!

Anyways, on the wall opposite the large window there used to be an odd cabinet above the pass through, and shelves on either side of the cabinet. Below the cabinet there was wood paneling (shocker!) and then below the paneling there was a weird burlap wallpaper stuff. (Like in the entryway) It was hideous, and it felt like the room was closing in on you because of the overhanging cabinet.


Here's the before. Shudder.


We're obviously working on other projects right now (Project Curb Appeal, and the basement) but I couldn't stand looking at this wall any longer. So one morning I grabbed a crowbar and a hammer and went to town on that wall. Doing it by myself was definitely harder and more time consuming than if Lover had been around for me to borrow his muscles, but I am proud of the fact that I did this all myself. Once all the hideousness was off I spent three days spackling holes and sanding, and then brought out the paint.

Here are the before and afters:





There is still a built in desk in this room that needs to be removed, and I am on an eternal search for a corner china cabinet. I know what I want, it looks like this:

but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

Linked to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch

7 comments:

Michelle September 6, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

That is a strange place for a cabinet on a wall. No wonder you wanted to rip it out. Sometimes I can't wait for my husband either and muster up the strength to do many thing I never thought I could!

Good luck finding your corner cab..just keep looking you'll find it!

Mrs. 5C September 6, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

WOW! What a transformation! Great job!! (and I love that color green!)

Sherrie September 6, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

So much work to tear that all out. but a huge difference!

Sherrie

Michelle@Sweet Something September 6, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Wow, what a difference! It looks so refreshed! Great job!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages September 7, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

Sweetie, I think Gollum has your corner china cabinet. I would speak to her about it! :) Right away!!
Your makeover is wonderful!! Just wonderful!
Have a wonderful Labor Day!

Kim September 8, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

I lurve that corner hutch, too. I hope you find it. Can you make something similar??? =)

(Was your commenting mechanism acting up? I haven't been able to comment for weeks. I couldn't find your email to ask you.)

JulieMom August 30, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

You are my makeover hero. I hate painting, and I hate spackling. I pretty much hate every part of it except picking out the colors and sewing stuff. I need to get over that. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter