We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Price My Space: Our Master Bedroom

Nester is holding a Price My Space party today and I thought I'd join in the party! I am pretty proud of our master bedroom and the meager budget that we used to make it pretty.

First the big stuff,
  • Wooden Bed Frame, Headboard and Footboard - $40 off Craigslist
  • Comforter and Two Shams, bedskirt - $30 at Big Lots
  • Two Dressers - free hand-me-downs from family
  • Nightstand on left - free hand me down
  • Nightstand/Table on right - $1 at a garage sale
  • 600 thread count sheets, wedding present from JC Penneys
  • Wall color - First Anniversary by Glidden $20
  • Sconces on wall - $5 from bargain outlet
Total for this category: $96.00

Window treatments;
  • Roman Shade - Goodwill $4, I added $2 worth of beaded trim
  • Red Silk Panels and Gold Silk Panels, $7 each at Christmas Tree Shop on clearance
  • Curtain Rod - Bed Bath and Beyond for $70, found at garage sale for $10
Total for this category: $44.00

Frames, Pictures and Mirrors;
  • Frame to left of bed - $15 from Burlington Coat Factory (wedding picture and vows inside)
  • Full length mirror beneath the frame $5 from Target
  • Frames opposite bed - $0.07 each from Christmas Tree Shop (no lie!)
  • Glass, mats and prints for frames - $35
  • Scroll-y mirror between frames - $1 from garage sale
  • Mirror on dresser beside bed - free with dresser
  • Frame on candle wall - $0.07 from Christmas Tree Shop
  • Glass, Mat and Print - $15
Total for this category: $56.36

Accessories;
  • Accent Pillow on window seat - $1 from garage sale
  • Accent Pillow on bed - $0.50 from garage sale
  • Silver Frames on Dresser - Various sources, $10
  • Iron Floor Candlesticks - Lakesidecollection.com $20
  • Burgandy Pillar Candles - Bed Bath and Beyond $7
  • Bedside Lamp - $0.97 on clearance at Christmas Tree Shop, spray painted. Shade was $3 from Goodwill
  • Vase - Dollar Store $1
  • Table Runner on dresser - wedding gift, Pier 1 Imports
Total for this category: $43.47
Grand Total for this room: $237.83
(if you add in the mattress, which I forgot to list, the total is $537.83)

Check out my original post about the master bedroom to see the full transformation from hideous to beautiful!


8 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now August 19, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

What a warm room! I love the drapes, and your mirror. :) Visiting from The Nester's party. :)

Crafty Niche August 19, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Your room looks so nice and cozy!

Anonymous August 19, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

I came over from the Nester, too. And I have to say, that's a very intriguing room you have there! You've really made what started our so hideous, into a warm and cozy space that I think would be so nice to sleep in. Very romantic, too!

Delightful Dwelling August 19, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

What a beautiful room, it looks so warm and cozy and for a great price.

These Are The Days August 19, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Love the warm, rich colors...very cozy!

JennyMac August 19, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

Love the colors! And am wow'ed by your price.

Maggie August 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

I can't believe you got that awesome mirror for just a $1! What a great find.

Hit 40 August 20, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Your very crafty! I like the table transformation to a nice green in your previous post. I painted my kitchen table chairs a fun shade of green and the kitchen table legs red. Paint is awesome and cheap!!

I was screwing around surfing this morning. I like to leave some kinda smack after I stalk a blog :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter