We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Exhibit A: Vinegar + Baking Soda conquer stains

Remember how I told you a while back about my best friends vinegar and baking soda? I'm back to show you literal proof of how these two BFF's work like a charm.

The backstory:
I recently blogged about making strawberry freezer jam and gave you detailed instructions, should you wish to make your own. What I neglected to mention was how I left the strawberry containers on my white countertops for a couple of days before I had time to make the jam. The berries in the bottom were apparently running over with juiciness, and shared the love with my countertop. Hello bright red stain!


I, however, did not panic, as my dynamic duo had come to my rescue many times before. I simply sprayed the stained area with a solution of half vinegar/half water, and then sprinkled a generous amount of baking soda over the stained area. I let it sit for a few minutes, then wiped it off with a sponge. Normally that would kick anything, but apparently this was a stubborn stain. It couldn't resist after a second application though, and here is what my countertop looks like now. Restored to it's former beauty cleanliness!

So the next time a stain appears, never fear, just have at it with some vinegar and baking soda!

1 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth August 10, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

Great cleaning tip - Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter