We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Loving the Living Room

I'm really trying to get every room in the house photographed before the end of the month so I can have an updated album of how the house has changed since we bought it last February. I can't believe it's been a year already! The Castle is feeling more and more like home, and a pleasant one at that!

Here are some pics of the living room in its mostly finished state. But, before I show off all of our hard work, here's a reminder of where we started.






And now, the stunning afters :-)







Here's what we've accomplished in this room:



  • Tore out icky brown carpeting

  • Scraped glued on cork (!) panels off the walls

  • Spackled, patched, sanded and primed walls

  • Painted walls

  • Tore out weird light thing in fireplace area

  • Found gas logs in attic, placed in fireplace

  • Tore out terrible header over mantel, documented here

  • Installed new lights, wiring, primed and painted mantel area

  • Replaced hardware on bookcase doors

  • Installed moulding around window.

  • Replaced all outlets in room

  • Hung pictures, shades and curtains.


Still to do:



  • Install moulding around other window

  • Install moudling on mantel

  • Hook up logs if possible

  • Replace tiling in front of fireplace

  • Refinish floor, install quarter round next to baseboards

  • Make new grates for floor vents


All in all, I'd say we've made pretty good progress in this room, and we spend lots of time in it so we definitely love it!


3 comments:

CHeL March 26, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

This looks beautiful! I love the fireplace & little octagonal windows. Neutral paint is so much better than the other stuff that was in there. Great job! Care to help me with mine? I just have no ideas. I know what we need, but I'm afraid I'll pick the wrong thing.

jen March 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

I'm trying to figure out who on earth would actually cover two entire walls of a living room in cork?????? Nice job with the redo!!

Kinigirl March 30, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

CHeL, the windows are one of my favorite parts of the room. I'd love to give some ideas for your room, send me some pictures!

jen, I know, right? Cork, seriously? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that brainstorming session!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter