We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Dressing the Chicken...


...bouillon jars, to be exact. In rearranging my pantry I found these little jars that hold my beef and chicken bouillon cubes. I love the size of the jars, and just keep moving fresh batches into these jars I bought a while ago. A few months ago, probably during my fall cleaning, I hastily used a sharpie to identify the contents, on each top, so I wouldn't have to play the "which bouillon is this?" guessing game. 


The size of the jars is great, but they're not the prettiest to look at. Today I thought, why not dress these little jars up a little? That way they would completely follow my policy of every item in my home must make me smile. I am a huge clutter magnet, and this mantra really simplifies my decision making process. And, it ensures that the things that surround me are ones that I really do like.

Here's what I started with:

And the finished product:

I basically took some scrapbooking supplies and a white charcoal pencil and went to town. I cut two strips of the green paper to fit around the jar, and two circles to fit the top, with a detail cut from the green paper. Tape and mounting squares holds everything in place, and then I took my trusty sharpie once again and wrote the equivalent on the bottom of the jar so as not to forget it. 


Voila!

1 comments:

jen March 23, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

hey, I have that same paper :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter