We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Sometimes it's right in your backyard...

I've been searching for several weeks for a large urn to place by the front door. I don't want to cover up our pretty new door with a wreath, but I do want some decorations for people to see as they enter the house. Everything I looked at was a) not the right style, b)ugly, or c)not the right price! I was pretty discouraged, but as I walked into our house one afternooon, I saw this bird bath/planter in our yard that the previous owners left.


Suddenly, my creative brain kicked in: "of course! this is exactly what I am looking for!" So, after a quick trip to Walmart for some spray paint, I began this lovely little urn's transformation. First, I scrubbed it out really good, killing, in the process, a family of spiders that had taken up residence in the urn. (I don't mind, I really hate spiders) Then, I spent about an hour applying coats of paint to the urn, making sure everything was evenly covered. When I finished, it looked like this.


Then, I took a little bottle of black craft paint, and with a wet rag and a dry rag started randomly applying black paint thinned with water to give the urn an aged look. I am delighted with how it turned out! 



P.S. Can you believe this thing is plastic?

1 comments:

Jen M September 20, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

What a fabulous makeover!! Great job,.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter