We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Our Wedding

Yesterday we celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary, so I figured that today would be a great day to show you some pictures of our wedding. I won't go into a lot of detail, but I wanted to show you some of my favorites from the our special day.

Wedding planning is so stressful, but it was all worth it once I was walking down the aisle, about to marry my best friend!



During the ceremony, our pastor asked us to take a moment and look around at all of our friends and family, gathered there to celebrate us. That is one of my favorite memories of the whole day!



Some shots from the ceremony...

Heidi sang From This Moment On, so beautiful. :-)



We exited the church under a canopy of beads, so pretty and fun.



Aren't my girls pretty? They carried Spanish fans, and all four of us were barefoot for the ceremony. Between bare feet and their little flower hair wreaths, they looked like little fairies going down the aisle. :-)



I bet you can guess which of these guys I think is the most handsome. (The one second from the right :-)



I loved, loved, LOVED my dress. It was spectacular, and I felt absolutely gorgeous in it.



We had a quick, sweet little reception, and then Lover gave me the best surprise. I wanted to go somewhere pretty for pictures, and he had booked a private garden for our wedding pictures. It was just Lover and I and the photographers, and it was incredibly romantic and relaxing. The perfect end to our perfect day.



It was like a perfect little secret garden, hidden away from everyone.

They don't normally allow bridal parties in, but they made an exception for us. So our pictures are one of a kind!

Man, I really love this guy. Kind of ridiculous how much. :-) This next one is one of my absolute favorites of the whole day.



Oh, and this is the picture that inspired my birthday gift painting. So pretty.

I know you are all now jealous of my awesome husband and our wonderful life together. ;-) What can I say, I am blessed beyond measure. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

chel August 6, 2010 at 5:40 AM  

i recognize the people, but not the bldg. i LOVE the stained glass window backdrop to your ceremony. beautiful! your dress was beautiful, too!
oh happiness!

Jennifer August 6, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

:-) I loved that church. I had a bit of a meltdown right after we set our initial date at FBBC, because I didn't want an ugly church. We did some looking around and found this one in Brockport - it was a free methodist church, TONS of light, stained glass, and much smaller, so it was a lot more intimate. I loved it!

Jenna August 6, 2010 at 5:55 AM  

Mmmmm, beautiful! I love seeing your wedding pictures! You should put up more some time. =)

Andrea PItcher August 11, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Thanks for putting up photos for those of us who weren't in the congregation that day. Great colors and dresses. They're holding up to the test of time. Why the gold back piece on your dress? Does it have meaning other than being a great addition to your whole look? I don't think I've seen that before.

I'm agreeing with the flow of conversation that the church was WAY better than FBBC's facilities. I'm a sucker for stained glass and great environment at a wedding.

Thanks for sharing and including us in your anniversary fun!

Andrea Pitcher

jen August 13, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

I'm so glad you ended up with images you love of your wedding!! I would have felt bad about cutting out and going to see Andrea at the time if they hadn't worked out :)

I really like your new blog header…I was going to tell you last week that there was nothing there…looks like it got worked out!

emily @ thirtyeight20 August 17, 2010 at 3:37 AM  

Congrats on your fourth anniversary! Here's to many, many more! We're also celebrating our fourth anniversary this month. Time flies when you're having fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter