We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Dining Room Rehab: Before and After

So I know you are dying to see the after pictures of the dining room, and I am so excited to show you them. I've tried to match as many of the angles of the before pictures to the after pictures as I could, so you could really see the transformation.

Before # 1, in which you can see how little we had to work with. :-)



After # 1. Ah, so much better.



Before # 2. To the left just a tad. Who can forget the tiled floor, and the cork walls in the living room? Oh, and that palm tree plant? I murdered it. It was hideous. :-)



After # 2.  Sooo much better.



Before # 3. Mini blinds are rocking the house!



After # 3. Light! Glorious light!



Before # 4. More blank walls. And a partial view of those shelves.



After # 4. Pictures. And paint. And no shelves. Hallelujah!



Before # 5. Many a noggin was cracked on that cabinet, let me tell you.



After # 5.  Ah. Serenity. My noggin is at peace.



And then just a few more afters, because they are just so stinking gorgeous. :-)









So what do you think? Was it worth all the blood, sweat and tears?  What is your favorite part? Is there something you just can't stand? I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions, even if you don't like it. I'm a big girl! :-)

If you like to read about the projects for this room, here are all the links:


Linked to Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Make Your Monday @ Twice Remembered

Make It For Monday @ Cottage Instincts

Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog

DIY Day @ A Soft Place to Land

8 comments:

Kim@NewlyWoodwards March 12, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Wow! That's all I can say! I love it all. It's really a beautiful room, you've done beautifully

Jane T March 14, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

I think removing those cabs made the biggest difference. The painted wall, trimmed out opening and stenciling above really balances the window now. It looks wonderful and I like the display of photos you chose for the dining room wall.

Marianne@Songbird March 15, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

Very good makeover. That room looks ready for quite a few dinner parties.

Kirsty Thor March 15, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

It looks amazing! I love the wall color and the floor! And that little desk just pops with that wall! It's gorgeous!

Treasia March 15, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

What a fabulous makeover this is. I'm left almost speechless. My favorite part is the removal of the cabinet and those nasty shelves. LOL. Now the window opening wall is perfect. The stenciling sets it off.

Julie March 16, 2010 at 3:14 AM  

Great job! I love the words on the wall!

Bobbie March 16, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

I love before and afters! I would love for you to link up to check me out saturdays www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

The link is still open from last saturday :)

Brenda March 16, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Your paint color is a beautiful choice with the crown molding!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter