We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Favs: Pandora




My brother-in-law introduced me to pandora.com about a year ago, and I've been addicted ever since. It takes about two seconds to set up an account, and then you have infinite options for music, depending on your mood. And the best part? It's free!

Basically, you create a station, and Pandora analyzes the type of music you selected, then adds other artists that have similar characteristics. Here's an example:

I added a station called "Il Divo" (Awesome group, btw)

And Pandora added Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, Enya, Sarah Brightman, Jim Brickman and Charlotte Church. Every once in a while Pandora will add in a new artist for me to weigh in on. With a simple thumbs up or down, I can approve the new song, and you also have the option to put a song on the shelf for a month, or to simply skip it that day if you're not in the mood.

I really like the like/dislike feature, because although I may like a particular artist, they may have a song that I don't care for, and I can have that one removed.

And because it is free, I can try out new artists all the time, without having to spend any moolah. So go check it out for yourselves, and let me know what you think!


Linked to Finer Things Friday @ Amy's Finer Things

7 comments:

Anonymous January 22, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

I'm a big fan of Pandora. I listen at work through my iPhone which is nice because time spent listening through iPhone/iTouch doesn't log against your free 40hrs per month.

Susie @ Maddie G Designs January 22, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

You know, I put this on my iPhone last week and have yet to set it up. Sounds like more fun that what I had planned for this afternoon. Have a nice weekend.

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst January 22, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

Oh my gosh Kessler! I did not even know there was a limit per month. Obviously, I haven't ever reached it! I hear the pay version is excellent though, so I'll keep that in mind.

Susie, definitely blow off productivity for pandora! :-)

Phyllis @Around the House January 23, 2010 at 12:45 AM  

Thanks for the tip I will give it a try, come visit,,,

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish January 23, 2010 at 11:16 PM  

Pandora rocks my world!!! Love it!

Thanks for stopping by the other day!

Unknown January 24, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

I used to love pandora untill they banned all foreign IPs about 3 or 4 years ago =(

Amy @ Finer Things January 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

This is the first post I've ever read to explain Pandora. I've heard of it, but wasn't really sure what it was. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter