We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Fav: Focal Point and NYCLQ


Lynda Quintero Davids

In my opinion, queen of redecorating on a dime. This glam girl reinvents her living room every other month it seems, and always does it in high style. She is an expert at reusing and reimagining the items that she owns to create a totally different look for her rooms.

She first caught my eye on Rate my Space when I saw her taxicab-inspired living room and recognized it from a magazine I had just seen it in. I spent some time perusing her other rooms, and loved her style, her free decorating tips and her endless vision to constantly reuse her items. Here's the picture I recognized:


And here's the same room, with a totally different, tropical feel thanks to smart swapping and accessorizing.


And again, glammed up for the holidays, during the day and at night.



Changing the pillows, lamps, curtains and a few accessories brings a whole new feel to this room, as demonstrated by this redo, and yet another.


It's like "One Room, Five Ways" and "How to Re-Use What You Have" got together and had a baby. And I love it. To see more of her rooms and redos, do a search for her (nyclq) at ratemyspace.hgtv.com or check out her blog at http://nyclq-focalpoint.blogspot.com/.

Have a great weekend!

Linked to Finer Things Friday @ Amy's Finer Things

4 comments:

Emily January 8, 2010 at 4:40 AM  

I love this kind of redecorating. That room is so glamorous, I wish I had the guts to do a dark wall (although it wouldn't work well in our open floor plan - so I'll work up the guts for our next house!).

CHeL January 8, 2010 at 5:53 AM  

She definitely has a nice sense of style. But I'm thinking who has the energy to change the area rug under the sofa/coffee table seasonally? I guess if you buy them on a dime, it's not gonna break the bank, but isn't that a lot of work? Is it worth it? I don't know.

I just rearranged the furniture in our living room and like the "feng shui" much better. It only took me 3 years. :-)

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst January 8, 2010 at 5:59 AM  

Chel, I hear you, it would be a lot of work to constantly change things. But I am thinking that it wouldn't be a big deal if she's anything like me and gets the "I want a new look" every six months or so. And by changing the rug and lamps, along with the accessories a bit, it's like a whole new room every time!

Amy @ Finer Things January 9, 2010 at 6:14 AM  

What a beautiful room. I am SO decorating challenged... need to put that higher up on the ol' priority list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter