We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Five Minute Lamp Makeover




I love how using a little bit of paint and ingenuity can transform an item for your home into something that works perfectly for your decor. When Lover and I got married, and set up our first little apartment, I bought this diminutive candle lamp at the Christmas Tree Shop. I liked its small scale and cute little handle. It worked great in the apartment, but once we moved into the castle I couldn't find anywhere to work it in. So I tossed it into the Goodwill pile.


This is one of the times when procrastination was actually a good thing. I was moving some things around in the dining room, and realized that what I really needed was a little lamp for the dresser turned buffet. I started to add it to my "to purchase" list, but then remembered this little lamp.

I have a box full of craft paints in my office, and I grabbed some blue, brown and black paint and a brush to transform this lamp. As I have said before, craft paint dries really quickly, so I was able to transform this lamp in an afternoon. I first coated the whole lamp in midnight blue, then randomly placed splashes of brown and black paint to mimic the aged look the lamp had carried before. It didn't end up looking aged, exactly, but the color does have a lot of dimension, which I liked.



Now it fits in perfectly with the color scheme I chose for the dining room, and I didn't have to spend a dime. This makes me very happy. :-) (Which means I'll have more money in my stash for the next project I decide to work on)






Linked to

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on The Porch

Made it for Monday @ Cottage Instincts

DIY Day @ A Soft Place to Land

Frugal Fridays @ LifeasMOM





9 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth January 17, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Great redo! Don't you love a quick fix like that.

Rene January 17, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

You were wise to procrastinate! The lamp looks great in your castle, and it has a nice aged look.

Candace@craftysisters-nc January 17, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

Great job with the craft paint. The colors look nice!

Kammy January 17, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

Looks great and don't cha love it when you have everything to make it over ??
Kammy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions January 17, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

That worked out! I love the transformation ~ it looks aged to me and seems to suit the lamp better, too.

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage January 18, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

Oh nice redo! I love that lamp's shape...very nice!

Kristen @ Miss Prissy Paige January 18, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

Lamp looks great transformed. And how wonderful that you were able to rescue it from the goodwill pile!

Kimberly January 19, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

I always love a goodwill makeover! This one is great!

Mimi January 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM  

Very nice redo!I love the color(s) it now is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter