We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Trendspotter: Glitter, glitter, everywhere!



I love a little glitter and sparkle as much as the next girl. Ok, maybe a lot more than the next girl. I'm naturally drawn towards diamonds, sparkly lights, and chandeliers. I like to think, however, that I know what's tasteful and what's not, and let me just say, this year's Christmas decorations are just too much.

Yesterday I hit up the craft stores in search of a few elegant looking picks to spruce up the garland on my mantel. I'm doing gold, glass and candles in the living room, so I needed some picks to play up that theme.

There were no natural and elegant ones to be found. No pretty pinecones, feathers, flowers or drums. Correction. There were those things, but covered in bright glitter. Glittered feathers, glittered flowers, glittered pinecones. Glittered drums, glittered presents, glittered apples.

I even checked out the garlands, in hopes of finding one like I wanted already done, because I obviously wasn't making headway with the picks. The garlands I found looked like this:

That's right, the entire garland had been glittered. And that got me thinking. Why not have a Glittered Christmas?? Here's how:

Pick up a few of the glittered garlands, add some glittered picks to them, and hang them on your mantel.

For your dining room, why not set up a glittered village display,


And add these glittered hurricanes to your buffet.

Glitter up your tree with more glittered garlands, glittered balls and glittered ornaments. Top it all off with a glittered tree topper




Lastly, add a glittered wreath to your front door,

you know, to set the mood when you walk in. Be sure to deck yourself out too, with glittery sweaters and body glitter, and then have a Very Merry Glittery Christmas!

Click on each image to find its source, and even purchase it if you would like. All items come from Target, Walmart, and Pottery Barn.

P.S. Bonus points to anyone who can figure out how many times I use the word "glitter" or a derivative of it in this post.

2 comments:

Emily December 3, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

I like a little sparkle, but most retailers - and most of the general public - takes it over the top. I'm planning a metallic treetopper - no glitter, just shine.

Moore Minutes December 6, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

I love the glitter! Especially the ornaments. :) Beautiful photos here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter