We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Dare to DIY: Easy Fudge Recipe




This week for Dare to DIY we are sharing our favorite Christmas cookie recipe. What are my favorite Christmas cookies? Well, they're not cookies at all. They're fudge. I love fudge with a passion, and two years ago I set out to learn how to make it so I could gain 10lbs over the Christmas season enjoy the fruit of my labor. I first tried a recipe that was a lot more complicated, and it used marshmallow fluff, which I am not a fan of. It also required watching the temperature of the fudge and yada yada, other complicated things. Not my cup of tea. So last year I did some research and found this amazing fudge recipe from Carnation that is the simplest recipe you ever did see. It's oh so chocolate-y, light, smooth and creamy.

Carnation Famous Fudge Recipe

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
LINE 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.

COMBINE sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

STIR in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.

The best part about this fudge recipe is that it can easily be modified for different flavors. There are so many great flavored chips out there, You can easily sub in a cup of peanut butter/chocolate swirls, or peppermint, or white chocolate and dark chocolate. Then you can give a variety of fudge flavors with your Christmas cookies! That is, of course, if you haven't eaten it all by then. :-)

Enjoy! Be sure to check out all the other yummy cookie recipes over at Kim's!

Linked to DIY Day @ A Soft Place to Land

Original recipe here

5 comments:

Wendy November 30, 2009 at 4:38 AM  

I copied and pasted this recipe into my recipe file! This will make a great gift! Thanks for sharing!
This party has been so much fun and so many great ideas :)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards November 30, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

Oh my goodness... yummy. My gram used to make TONS of fudge every year. It was my favorite treat. I'll have to try this, I've never tried myself.

Thanks for sharing.

Jen M November 30, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Mmmm, thanks for the recipe!

kermiefrg December 1, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

mmmm...that looks SO good!

Mrs. 5C December 1, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Yum!! I'm going to have to try this! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter