We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Proposal


Lover and I had date night last week and we finally had a chance to catch this romantic comedy at our local dollar theater. I love Sandra Bullock, and I love romantic comedies, so I was super psyched to go see this movie.


The premise: a Canadian editor in chief is about to be deported unless she marries an American. Her assistant is the obvious choice for this farce of a marriage, but they must convince the authorities and their families that they really are in love.

All in all, it was a great blend of romance and laughter inducing moments. However, I prefer my movies a little less sex-ified, and although there's no actual sex in this flick, there's a whole lot of nudity and a male stripper scene that really turned me off. It was meant to garner laughs, but it was just uncomfortable.

Besides that, a romantic comedy is supposed to be about two people falling in love. And while they did, obviously, in my opinion there were far too many odd elements in this movie for a truly good rom-com. I would have left out the male dancer, the father-son angst, and the spirit dance, and substituted more scenes between the stars, focusing on their relationships.

Sandra Bullock is still a stellar actress, and I swear she has the sparkliest, sweetest eyes of any actress today. Ryan Reynolds did a great job in his role, and the chemistry between them was pretty good. I'll give this flick a B-.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter