We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mission Complete!

I recently had a bit of an organization craze hit me. I went through the house and pulled out any and everything we could get rid of, making a big "garage sale" pile, and a Goodwill pile. Hopefully I will be able to do that garage sale before it gets too cold.

Then, still unsatisfied, and feeling like the house was overrun with clutter, I organized a few closets and cabinets. I started with the pantry in the kitchen.

This spice shelf wasn't working because I could never get to the spices that I wanted, and usually managed to knock some over in the process.

So I headed out to the workshop and found a scrap of wood that was the right depth for the organizational "gizmo" that I wanted to make. (I am very proud of this next part) Then I used Lover's cordless circular saw to cut the wood down to the right length. Here it is on the kitchen floor. Oh, and isn't our 70's linoleum beautiful? :-)
I wanted the board to be somewhat hygienic, so I covered the whole thing in a sheet of aluminum foil.


Next up I set the board in place in the cabinet (see the vintage contact paper too?)

And voila! My little spice rack was complete! Here's the finished and organized after:


Now I can easily spot what I am looking for. And, everything is organized to my little heart's content.

I didn't stop with the spice cabinet though. I also organized the tupperware drawer, going from this:


to this:


Ahh, so much better.

And the linen closet. This one was ok, but I was able to get rid of a bunch of old toiletries, and tidy everything else up.




Now I can sleep at night, knowing that behind closed doors, my need for order and organization is still satisfied. :-)

Check out the other transformations at Metamorphosis Monday and the other made-by-me creations at Make Your Monday.


9 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards September 20, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

I love that not only did you organize, but you didn't spend millions to do it. You used what you had! Love it! Great work.

Shelia September 20, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

Oh, you've done a wonderful job of getting organized! I love your spice elevation board! How clever! Maybe if you have a little time you could come over and help me get organized.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sherri S September 20, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

It's amazing what a bit of organization can do to a space! Great job.

Shady Creek Lane September 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

It is always so refreshing to clean out and organize a cupboard or closet. It looks like you are on a roll. (If you lived close to me I would hire you on the spot, I've got a few cupboards and drawers that could use some organizing).
Great job.

Kammy September 21, 2009 at 2:09 AM  

Girl, you are on the organization roll - good job !
Kammy

Danielle and Clint September 21, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Nothing like Fall cleaning to get you started into the season. :-)

Sharlotte September 21, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

I just love anything that has to do with organization. Thanks for sharing your creative post! I love the spice "lift". Easy and cost efficient!

Julie September 22, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

Wonderful job of getting organized! I love how neat it all looks ...
xoxo
Julie

Twice Remembered September 24, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

Isn't it a great feeling getting organized? I wish my cupboards looked as neat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter