We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Castle Query: Tacky or Terrific?

I love the look of a simple and elegant ribbon memo board. This one from Restoration Hardware is understated and streamlined enough that the things that are clipped on it become the focal point.


In browsing the interwebs the other day, I came across this photo:



It was part of an organization series on Better Homes and Gardens' website. They basically took an entire wall of an office and created a quilted memo board. I am not fond of the colors, but the idea intrigues me.

ehow.com
Here someone converted a folding screen into a memo board. Same basic idea, just a slight variation.

What do you think? Is it tasteful or tacky? Should I incorporate this into my office design plan, or let it be?

5 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards September 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

I prefer the first photo, which I like. I really like the linen look background. I think having a whole wall of memo board would stress me out. But, that's just me.

Emily September 10, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

I also prefer the first photo - small enough that even if it becomes cluttered, no big deal. I think the problem with the bottom one is that it's too packed with the same scale. If you're going to do it, you have to either embrace it as a bulletin board that will gather stuff or as an art piece. It's hard to have both in something like that.

Danielle and Clint September 11, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

I think for a child or teenager, the last two would be perfect! I am a photo nut, so I tend to like boards like this also.

JennyMac September 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

I think the colors make a big difference. And the smaller versions are awesome. I dont know if I could manage the really big one!

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst September 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

Thanks for everybody's opinions! I was leaning towards the first one as well, and just about everyone concurred! I'll keep that in mind when we tackle the office in the coming months.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter