We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pretty Little Box

I recently transformed this little guy, found at a Goodwill for a couple bucks,

into this pretty piece for our living room.


I had been looking for a pretty little box to keep on our coffee table in the living room to provide a home for the little bits of clutter that naturally accumulate there like pens and paper and such. When I saw this box at Goodwill, I knew it could be transformed into something much nicer, and it would serve my purposes perfectly.

This little box's transformation was fraught with trial and error though, and it took quite a while to achieve the look I was going for. I had picked up a couple of metallic craft paints at Hobby Lobby that I thought would work but they turned out to be terrible. So I let it sit for a while and thought about what other options I could do for this little box.

The first thing I did was remove the plastic photo insert on the top part. It came out without a struggle, as did the glass top where you are supposed to insert a photo.

Then, as I mentioned, I first painted it a metallic taupe, but the coverage wasn't good, nor was the color. Than I tried a warm silver color, but that didn't work either.

Finally I settled on painting the whole thing white and using the metallic taupe paint to add in some pretty accents. My BFF, white spray paint, stepped in again, and worked her magic.

Then I painted some pretty little accents over the white to give it some interest, and tie it into the rest of the colors in the living room.

When all the paint was dry, I re glued the little knob on the drawer, and cut scrapbook paper to fit in the photo insert for the top, and to line the bottom of the drawer.

This little box now sits on my coffee table next to the laptop and holds pens in the little drawer,


and stamps, sticky notes and a small notebook for jotting things down under the lid.

It is now so much prettier and so very useful! Most of all I love that it is one of a kind. What did you work on over the weekend?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter