We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Makeover on a Dime, I mean, Penny.

I am in the middle of updating my kitchen for as little moolah as possible. The goal is to fix up the current fixtures, walls and cabinets so that the room is a little prettier, but not spend any significant money that would be better saved for the total remodel (a few years in the future).

Yesterday I started painting the paneling. Well, to be accurate, I primed the paneling. It took me two hours to sand it down and then clean up all the dust, and then another two hours to put a coat of primer on. That about did me in, so I decided to call it a day.

Today I'm not home, so instead of working on the kitchen, I've been browsing through Better Homes and Gardens' website in search of projects on the cheap that I could incorporate into our kitchen. I came across this backsplash and figured it could be replicated pretty easily.




These tiles from Lowes are $0.28 each,

These are about 6 inches wide, and I would need about 40 of them. ($11.20) Then one of these sheets,

at about ten dollars for the square foot, would provide me with the accent tiles.

Twenty dollars for a backsplash isn't bad, don't you think?

Linked to It's Great to Be Home's Inspiration Tuesday

1 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards September 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

This is so cool... What an awesome deal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter