We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!



Part of throwing a great party is having the perfect present, and I am so proud of the one I made for my lovely sister-in-law. But first the back story:

The week after Sara's shower I, along with my sisters-in-law, threw a combination baby shower/going away party for my brother and sister-in-law. They're moving across the country and having a baby shortly thereafter, so we wanted to send them off in style. I'll post more details about that party in the next few days, but first I wanted to share the oh-so-awesome present that I dreamt up for them.

Months ago, when my sister-in-law registered at Target, I fell in love with the theme she had picked out for the nursery.

These adorable little animals will be on the crib blanket, the rug and everywhere else. They're a really simple drawing, so I knew that doing watercolors of them would be a piece of cake.

I bought three 8x10 frames, and did a watercolor of the elephant, the tiger and the giraffe.





I love how they turned out, my favorite is definitely the giraffe! Aren't they so cute and cuddly? I am sure my little nephew will be bribed into choosing me as favorite aunt love them as much as I do!

1 comments:

jen June 18, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

I'm so impressed!! nice job :) you've got to check out this girl's blog:
http://www.vol25.typepad.com/
your paintings reminded me of her animal illustrations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter