We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Glitzy Glasses

I mentioned a while back that I had found a glass at the thrift store for a "secret project" I have returned to show you what I did with said glass, as well as a few others. Get ready for some horrific "befores" and oh-so- lovely "afters."

On a bad day, this is what my bedroom dresser looks like. On a good day it is a little more organized, but let's be honest here, most of the time it is a "bad day." The combination of hair stuff, makeup, jewelry and junk means that the top of my dresser is more rarely seen then the Loch Ness Monster.



A while back I had the idea to organize my jewelry in a thrifty yet attractive manner. I scoured thrift stores for glass drinking glasses of various shapes and designs, purposely looking for ones with a wide "bowl." I found a few at thrift stores, and then bought two different sized martini glasses at the Christmas Tree Shop.

I had a gift card with a few dollars leftover on it from Christmas, so I popped into Bed Bath and Beyond to see if they had anything that caught my fancy. I left a few minutes later with a purple and red table runner that matched our bedroom set perfectly. Oh, and the runner set me back $3, thanks to the gift card and a coupon. Score!

With a free afternoon before me, I tackled Mt. Dresser. The first step was to clear everything off, and clean the surface and mirrors. Here's an action shot:



Then it was as simple as placing different pieces of jewelry in the glasses I had collected, and arranging it in a semi-artful way. I'm an out-of-sight out-of-mind kinda girl, so having my jewelry front and center means that, hopefully, I'll start wearing some of my lesser used pieces.

Before:






After:





3 comments:

Jen June 23, 2009 at 7:08 AM  

What a great fix! I love the "cocktail party" look - so glam

chel June 23, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

HI! Can you explain the bottom picture? Looks like a picture frame, but how is it that your earrings are hanging there. Corkboard? thumb tacks? I can't tell.

Freckles Chick June 23, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

I love the eclectic mix! Genius! Pretty and functional.

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog! And your advice is so helpful. The vines are already growing like crazy so I foresee some pruning in our future. Joy! =]

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter