We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An Inspiring Office

I'm loving this cute little office area I came across today. Usually, when I come across a space I like, I copy the image to my inspiration folder, and that's that. However, I wanted to spend some time reflecting on what I like about this image, in the hopes that it will help me find a solution for my own office chaos.

First off, I love the color scheme. Since paper stuff and office stuff can be so stressful, this palette of aqua, tan and white is oh-so-peaceful. I love the way the colors are repeated throughout the space, and how the aqua draws your eyes to the vases and boxes.

I like that everything is pretty. There are decorative items, (vases and flowers) but even the functional stuff is pretty. We've got pretty and functional paper boxes, labeled neatly.  A pretty, white cabinet with sliding panels keeps messier stuff covered up, although it still looks pretty organized up there.  The parsons' desk is cleanlined but very useful, with a large workspace. The chair looks pretty comfortable, and very, very cute. The wastebasket is obviously useful, but attractive at the same time.

Let's look at the elements that are included in this very small office space. I think it would be safe to deduce that these are the essentials, as there isn't room for much else besides the essentials!



  • Laptop

  • Desk & Comfortable Chair

  • Lamp

  • Bulletin Board

  • Concealed, Labeled Storage (Boxes and cabinet)

  • Magazine holders

  • Pen Cup

  • Notebook

  • CD Storage

  • Wastebasket

  • Decorative Items


My guess is that additional office supplies are in the desk drawer, and it looks like there may be a printer and other accessories under the desk on the right side.

All in all it is a fabulous use of a small space, and it has definitely inspired me!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter