We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home in 5 seconds. If that does not occur,or you don't want to wait, visit
WordsOnWendhurst.com
Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Glammin' It up

I think I have mentioned before that The Christmas Tree Shop is one of my all time favorite shops. We always find great deals there, and their stuff is unique so my house does not look like page 73 of Pottery Barn! That is very important to me. Anyways, on to the point of this post. We snagged some great bamboo roman shades for our downstairs rooms at the Christmas Tree Shops a few months ago.
They look awesome on the windows, and definitely look like we spent a lot of money on them (which we didn't). However, the strings had these plastic cones on them to make it easier to pull up the shades, and they really made the whole thing look chintzy.
So, a quick trip to a craft store provided these lovely wooden beads,
and about thirty minutes later, I had replaced the yucky plastic pulls with these DIY wooden bead pulls! The shades instantly looked better, and I am so very happy! :-)

1 comments:

Jen October 29, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

What a great makeover! Clever you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Home & Garden Blogs
>

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

GoStats hit counter